Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fancy pillow: part 1

I'm helping my mom make some new pillows to go with their new bedroom that they're remodeling. So far I've got one completely done, and another one half way done (it just needs to be stuffed). I've got another 1 or 2 to do after this, I can't wait to see how all of them look when it's all said and done! I'm mixing a few different styles, I think they'll look great.
I got the idea for the first pillow at Atelier Caroline. Instead of doing my tucks every 2 inches, I spaced them every 3 inches, which gave the pillow a much different look. I finished it off with a singed flower made from the same material. And the material? And old curtain that my mom had laying around. This project cost me NOTHING, and only took about a half hour to finish. I did find that the pen I was using showed through the material, so instead of drawing lines on the fabric, I just drew dots at every 3 inch intersection, and did my tucks on every other intersection. She explains it great in the tutorial! So head on over there to find out how to make one of your own!

5 comments:

  1. Another great project. Glad I found your blog - your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Pillow. I am a new follower and I like that you have a craft blog hop. I will be back.
    http://thisnthatboutiqueblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out awesome! So chic looking. Love for you to link this up over at Wiccan Make Some Too's Wickedly Crafty Saturdays!
    http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2010/11/wickedly-crafty-saturdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Always love an inexpensive makeover!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete