Saturday, September 11, 2010

Caramel Apple Salad

This is a super simple, delicious fall salad! It only take a couple minutes to whip up, and is always a hit at parties.

What you'll need:
Apples (about 6)
A Tub of cool whip
A package of butterscotch pudding mix
Dry roasted peanuts
Mini marshmallows
Caramel ice cream topping

For apples, I just used what was in the house, which was a couple Ida Reds and 4 Macintosh. It's really yummy if you use some sweet and tart (like granny smith). 
Dice your apples, leaving the skins on. If you're worried about browning, throw your diced apples in a bowl of water with a squeeze of lemon juice in it.
Using a whisk, whip your cool whip with your pudding mix. Add it to your diced apples and mix until coated.
Toss in some peanuts and marshmallows (as many as you like!) and mix in.
Drizzle your caramel on top, and you're done! How easy was that?!

16 comments:

  1. this looks so yummy.. I love everything caramel and this is just perfect for this time of year.. caramel apples just scream fall and carnival time

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious! And so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great recipe, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, when it said salad I was thinking "how can this be a salad?" Glad there's no lettuce in it! This looks a-maz-ing!

    I'm having a recipe link up this weekend and would LOVE if you would add this ooey gooey dreaminess to it!

    www.mommagoround.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This apple salad looks really good! Thanks for sharing!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for another great looks sweet treat linked up to A Crafty Soiree! I've never seen an apple salad like this one, but I'm eager to try it. Sounds like it would taste like one of the fancy candy apples but easier to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks to die for!!! Thanks SO much for joining in on Thrilling Thursdays @ Paisley Passions. I hope to see you again next week :)
    ~Lori S.
    Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions

    ReplyDelete
  8. apples + carmel = my kind of salad

    ReplyDelete
  9. ps i'm your newest follower
    www.yesterdayontuesday.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so easy and delicious! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! YUM! Thanks for sharing! Will be featuring this tomorrow on my site!
    Jen
    Scissors & Spatulas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh. my. heck. Are you kidding me? I may have to run to the store THIS INSTANT. Holy cow. Sorry, I gush lol. :)

    ReplyDelete