Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Autumn decorations

This past week, I've been crackin' on the autumn decorations! I've seen so many good ideas out there, I just couldn't help myself! And best yet, most of these were FREE. Or cheap. I had all the things I needed right here.
I made these adorable pumpkin cats, I saw them here. 
Aren't they cute? I got them all put together, and decided they needed a little something more... So I made collars for them. Perfect! I just took a little bit of ribbon, wrapped it around the neck, and secured it with a pin. I didn't hollow out the heads and put candles in though, I just used scrapbook paper for the eyes. For the tails I used stems (I couldn't find any good gourds).

And I made these adorable pumpkins from toilet paper and burlap! 
In order to get them to be different sizes, I wrapped one TP roll with extra stuffing (uuuhh, an old shirt). I saw the idea here.

I got the idea for this hoop art here. And here's where she has the tutorial on how to make them.
I love it! I kept seeing these online on other blogs, and happened to come across some hoops at a thrift store, so I snatched them up! I'd love to do more, but I don't know where I'd find more of these hoops. The ones I saw in the store were way more expensive than what I expected to see. Maybe I'll just wait until Christmas and reuse this one to look like an ornament!

My next project is decorating some pumpkins with ribbon! I've seen all sorts of cute ideas, I can't wait to get started. I'll post pictures when I get around to making them!

No comments:

Post a Comment