Tuesday, October 19, 2010

DIY Sequin Headband

Alright ladies, this one is super easy, and super cute! It took me about 5 minutes to make (and part of that was waiting on my hot glue gun to heat up). 
There's a few different places that sell this stretchy sequin stuff by the yard. I've seen it at Hobby Lobby and Walmart so far, I never looked at Joann's. Hobby Lobby seems to have the best variety though. A yard usually gets 3 headbands, so I just bought a foot. It cost me a whopping 46 cents for 1 (I did choose a color that was in the clearance section though).
Cut your sequins into a strip (you might want to stretch it around your head to see how long to make it, I kind of wish I'd had an extra inch on mine). 
Once your hot glue gun has heated up, put a line of hot glue on the end of the sequin strand, and glue it to the opposite end. Mine looked something like this.


Glue down the part that sticks up, and you're done! Yeah, it was that easy.

I tend to have problems with my headbands slipping, so I did lines of hot glue on it. Once it's dry, it'll act like a no slip grip!
They look great on moms, babies, and little girls!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I absolutely love what you've done with the baby headband, very cute!!! Thanks so much for the inspiration. Found you from BCD! Come check out LBT if you get a chance, thx!!!
    Angelene
    http://littlebuggietutu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart this, I want to go get one right now, Im going to a Orchestra concert tonight and this would be awesome for tonight! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I am going to hobby lobby tomorrow so I will pick up some sequin stuff.
    -Cate from Random Crafty Georgia Girl
    http://olliebelle20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you via the weekend Wrap Up. I love instant gratification project like this. Perfect for adding a little bling to the holiday outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOH! That is easy! Love the bling! Excellent job!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie.
    I can't wait to see what you have next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice...love the bling and the flower is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I hope you can stop by my blog and show off your project to my readers on my Show Off Sunday Party.

    http://houseofthriftydecor.blogspot.com/2010/10/show-off-sunday-party_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun!

    This week is my blog anniversary and I'm hosting a week's worth of great giveaways. Feel free to stop by if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love sequins headbands, I remember wearing them in the 80's when I was a little girl, so glad they are making a classy comeback and thank you for sharing how you made yours. I'd love for you to link up at Texas Monkey for All About You and show this off. http://texasmonkey.blogspot.com/2010/10/all-about-you-monday-link-up_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only thing I'd recommend, is not using glue as no-slip grip. On warmer days, it gets soft, and can be a problem. I tried some on flower clips I made, and on a warm day, they softened enough to glue themselves together (thankfully, they weren't in anyone's hair at the time!)

    ReplyDelete