Monday, August 30, 2010

Iced Mocha: This is how I like to start my mornings.. :)

Since obtaining access to an espresso maker, I've learned to make a few different kinds of coffee drinks. I'm not much of a straight coffee drinker, but I LOVE mocha's, lattes, and cappuccinos. Here's a quick "how to" for my favorite drink.
Caramel Iced Mocha
What you'll need:
Espresso or coffee
Caramel ice cream topping
Chocolate syrup
Ice cubes
Milk
Whipped cream
A large cup (I used an old Tim Horton's iced coffee cup)
Prepare your coffee or espresso according to the directions on your machine. I like to use a caramel roast coffee bean for mine. Pour the espresso in your cup, and mix in your caramel and chocolate syrup. 
You want to do this while it's still warm so that it dissolves easily. Add your ice, about 5-7 pieces. 
Pour milk in on top of it until it just covers the ice. Use a spoon to stir it all together. Add whipped cream, and drizzle with either caramel or chocolate syrup. MMMMM!

For a Frappachino:
Freeze milk in an ice cube tray. (We usually use whole milk and freeze it because Emma can never drink a whole gallon before it expires.)
Chill your espresso in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Throw your espresso, caramel, chocolate syrup, and milk cubes in the blender. 
Blend together. Pour it in your cup and add the whipped cream and drizzle your syrup.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm. Thank you for posting this! I got my husband an espresso maker last year for Christmas and I've never used it. I guess I'm about to start. My tween has just started getting into iced coffee drinks and I love 'em, but paying almost $5 for one at Starbucks gets old.

    ~ The Speckled Dog

    ReplyDelete