Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pizza braid

Tonight we had this delicious pizza braid for dinner. It was sooo good. It's like pizza and bread sticks all in one.

Prepare you pizza dough. I used this recipe.
Roll it out into a rectangular shape. 
Using a pizza cutter, cut the edges into strips.
Put your pizza toppings down the middle.
Braid it by taking a piece from the right and laying it across the middle and then from the left. Repeat this until all of the side strips are folded into the middle.
Put it a warm place to rise, and rise for about 45 minutes.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Brush with garlic butter, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. I liked to pick off the top pieces and eat them like little mini delicious bread sticks. The bottom part I ate like a thin crust pizza. YUM! 
I can't wait to see what other foods I can make into a braided treat!

2 comments: