Thursday, July 7, 2011

Watermelon Daiquiri

What You'll Need:
3-4 cups of watermelon cubes (frozen)
1 cup sliced strawberries (fresh)
1 cup fruit juice
1-2 shots of alcohol

Cube 3-4 cups of watermelon, place it in a ziplock bag, and lay it flat in the freezer. Freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
In a blender, mix together watermelon cubes, fresh diced strawberries,fruit juice (I used juice from the watermelon), and 1-2 shots of liquor (I used vodka, since it was what we had in the house, but I think rum is what's normally used in a daiquiri.) Blend until smooth. Garnish with a small watermelon slice. Makes 2 daiquiris.

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I just made some frozen yogurt and sorbet with my watermelon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I just realized we have a LOT in common! Both of our names are Katy, same age (well, I JUST turned 24 last week!), your kids are 2 and 3 months and mine are 2 and 3 years. How cool is that? Not to mention we both like crafts. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete