Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Corn dog muffins

I came across this idea for corn dog muffins on Pinterest. (I am REALLY loving that site!) It's easy, and MUCH healthier than the fried alternative. I used mini-muffin tins for it instead, I like the crispiness of the mini ones better than the large muffins (I made some of both).

Here's what you need.
Hot dogs
Muffin mix (boxed will work just fine, I like the recipe in my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.)

If you're using regular sized muffin tins: Put liners in your cupcake tin. Cut each hot dog in half. Put in a little bit of corn bread batter, put the hot dog in, and cover it with more corn bread batter. 
If you're using mini muffin tins: Spray your tin really well. Cut your hot dogs into coins (I cut each one into 10 pieces). Fill each spot with some cornbread batter, place the hot dog in it, and spread a little more batter on top.
Bake according to the instructions on the corn bread recipe. Enjoy!

It turns out that Emma likes the hot dog, and not the corn bread, so she picked all of hers apart!

1 comment:

  1. Those look really fun to make. I am sure my kids would love them and I will too! :)

    ReplyDelete