Thursday, April 14, 2011

Framed Wreath

Come like Crafty Mama on Facebook!
I made this adorable wreath for Emma's bedroom, my inspiration came from House of Smiths. 
I had this white frame sitting around. I had used it in a previous project, but decided it was better fitted for this. I gave it a rough, rustic look by scuffing it up with sand paper. 
I didn't have anything I could use for a wreath, so I made my own. Yeah, yeah, I know you'll laugh when you see what I made it out of! I cut a hoop out of card board, and wrapped it with plastic bags, lol! Then I wrapped it with crepe paper so the "wreath" didn't show through. 

My rosettes I made from crepe paper. I did them the same way I did the rosettes on my Burlap Purse
I hot glued them all onto the wreath, added ribbon, and viola! 
I love the way it turned out. :) I'm loving the colors I chose for Emma's new room, teal, pink, and white. I can't wait to get started on the rest of the things I have planned!

9 comments:

  1. I've got a similar thing going on in my home...check it out and come visit...
    Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way to recycle! Teal is one of my favorites colors I love how it just pops!

    http://craftiestthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! Love it!

    www.itswhatimdoing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Featured today on Today's Top 20!

    Amanda
    www.todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors too, so cute! Thanks for the sweet comment on my lace petti romper. I got my elastic lace from JoAnns. There were only a couple colors to choose from but luckily they had the color I wanted :) I would love to see pics if you end up making one!

    :) Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're soooo creative! I enjoy your blog, juz went through it juz now. I'd really appreciate it if u could give comments on my artwork...i love making paper craft to scraopbook. but my skill is not as professional as u....lol. Really need someone to suggest. Kindly follow me too at http://thebeautyofsplendid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete