I finally finished my owl mobile for Charlie's room! I got the paint chips to do it over a month ago. I just needed to kick my butt into gear.
I made myself a template, but instead of wasting my time tracing owls onto each paint card, here's what I did. I can fit 4 owls onto each card. So I cut each card in half, and then folded each 1/2 in half. Then I placed my template on the folded half, and cut around it. I cut my time in half by cutting out 2 at a time. I don't suggest doing more than that though, I tried cutting through 4 layers at a time, and the edges turned out really wacky.
Once I had all my owls cut out, I used a hole punch for the eyes. I lined them up how I wanted them, cut out my strings, and then started gluing! I glued 2 owls back to back, with string in the middle.
I absolutely love the colors I chose. The color palate was inspired by this gorgeous blanket my Sister In Law made for Charlie! I've started incorporating these colors into the theme of his room, I love them!