Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Owl Mobile

I finally finished my owl mobile for Charlie's room! I got the paint chips to do it over a month ago. I just needed to kick my butt into gear.
I made myself a template, but instead of wasting my time tracing owls onto each paint card, here's what I did. I can fit 4 owls onto each card. So I cut each card in half, and then folded each 1/2 in half. Then I placed my template on the folded half, and cut around it. I cut my time in half by cutting out 2 at a time. I don't suggest doing more than that though, I tried cutting through 4 layers at a time, and the edges turned out really wacky. 

Once I had all my owls cut out, I used a hole punch for the eyes. I lined them up how I wanted them, cut out my strings, and then started gluing! I glued 2 owls back to back, with string in the middle. 

I absolutely love the colors I chose. The color palate was inspired by this gorgeous blanket my Sister In Law made for Charlie! I've started incorporating these colors into the theme of his room, I love them!


7 comments:

  1. so cute!! I love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Love the room.

    ~Sarah
    @DearSarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea..so cute!

    I'd love for you to link your creation to our first Blog Party! It's a party specifically for kids and teens things, so this post would be perfect!

    Melanie
    http://bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com/2011/08/crafts-for-under-twenty-somethings.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really sweet! I love using Owls in a nursery

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have you link this up to my first link party--

    http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/08/show-share-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I've wanted a mobile for my son's room, but I couldn't find one that went with his theme AND I didn't want to mount it to the crib in the traditional way...he'd just pull it down anyway. Thanks

    Stephanie
    Creations A La Mode

    ReplyDelete