Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Goodies

I tried out a couple of the recipes I featured a few weeks back. I'm glad I did a test run, I ended up fiddling with the recipes just a bit. I didn't use as high quality of a chocolate as I should have for the hot chocolate on a stick, and that probably contributed to it a little, but they ended up turning out pretty good once I figured out what worked! I made the hot chocolate on a stick, some Ande's Mints, and homemade marshmallows (I didn't get pictures of the marshmallows). For the hot chocolate on a stick, I ended up just melting chocolate, letting it set part way, and sticking the candy canes in. I had a hard time getting them out of the molds (the original recipe came out fine, my final recipe, not so much), so I melted them back down a little to get them out, and rolled them in cocoa powder. They looked pretty cute in the end. Everything turned out great, and my family seemed to love their little goodie bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment